Fire Safety - Coastal Housing Group

All smoke detectors in homes provided by Coastal are hard wired and we are responsible for repairing or replacing them.

If you hear a bleeping noise from the detector when no smoke or heat is present or if you think it is not working, you should report this to Coastal.


Fire Safety

In the event of a fire in your home you should leave your home by the safest route possible. Ensure you take all members of your household and visitors with you.


Some general advice is to;

  • Test your smoke alarm regularly
  • Do not place candles near curtains or other materials and never leave them unattended
  • Ensure ovens and cookers are turned off after use
  • Do not smoke in bed and check all cigarettes are properly extinguished
  • Switch off and unplug electrical appliances
  • Never overload electrical sockets
  • Do not store bottled gas or cylinders in your home
  • Make sure that all stairs, landings and passages forming an escape route are kept clear


Advice from Mid & West Wales Fire Service

With a large percentage of fires starting in the kitchen, take a look at these top tips provided by the Mid & West Wales Fire Service in ways to reduce your chances of a fire starting in the kitchen.


Are the contents of your home covered?

In the unfortunate event of a fire, you could be at risk of losing your valued possessions. If you rent a home from us, Coastal don’t insure the contents of your home as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

You can find out more about content insurance here.

This Website Uses Cookies

We use cookies to give the best experience on our website. They are used to analyse web traffic, as well as to define your browsing habits to improve your navigation experience. Third parties such as Google may also use cookies to customise digital advertising depending on tastes both on our site as well as on other sites that you visit (re-targeting).

This tool allows you to manage cookies from the Coastal web site and third parties.

You can read our privacy and cookie policy here with additional information on how to disable cookies on the browser.

You can update your preferences at any time by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this page.