How much notice do I need to give to end my contract?

You need to give us 4 weeks, or 1 month written notice to end your contract.  Call us on 01792 479200 and we can send you a template letter to complete and return.

How can I pay my rent?

There are a number of ways to pay your rent.

Find the best option for you here

Can I set up a Direct Debit?

Call us on 01792 479200 and press option 1 and our Rent Management Team can set up a direct debit with you over the phone.

Why do I have to pay my rent in advance?

It is part of your Occupation Contract that rent is paid in advance to prevent your account from going into arrears.

Am I allowed to keep pets?

Coastal Housing promotes responsible pet ownership and recognises the benefits that pet ownership can bring to our residents and communities in terms of companionship and positively effecting people’s health and wellbeing.

Pets are permitted though there are some exceptions that exist. Such exceptions will be made clear to applicants ahead of any allocation being approved or exchange/transfer being completed.

If during a tenancy, residents wish to acquire a pet which will live in our property; our permission must be sought and obtained first.  Where permission is refused, reasons will be given to explain this
decision. You can visit out Pet page to submit a pet request here.

If the animals in question cause/significantly contribute to nuisance being caused to neighbours/other local residents, then the issue will dealt with as nuisance under the relevant terms of the anti-social behaviour policy.

Can I transfer to a different property with Coastal?

If you have been a tenant for over year you are entitled to apply to Homeswapper www.homeswapper.co.uk

Homeswapper is a service that helps you find / swap properties with other Coastal Housing residents and residents of other social landlords.

If you need to move immediately due to exceptional circumstances you can contact us on 01792 479200.

Can I have my own personal satellite dish?

If you are in a house or bungalow you need to complete an application to carry out a home improvement to make sure you have permission. We do not allow personal satellite dishes on flats because a communal Sky dish is provided.  It should be noted that communal dishes are not Sky+, so if you’re paying for a package as such it would be worth getting in touch with Sky to alter your package.

Who is responsible for taking meter readings at the start/end of my tenancy?

You should always take your own meter readings when you start or end a tenancy with us for your own records.

You may also like

This Website Uses Cookies

We use cookies to give the best experience on our website. They are used to analyse web traffic, as well as to define your browsing habits to improve your navigation experience. Third parties such as Google may also use cookies to customise digital advertising depending on tastes both on our site as well as on other sites that you visit (re-targeting).

This tool allows you to manage cookies from the Coastal web site and third parties.

You can read our privacy and cookie policy here with additional information on how to disable cookies on the browser.

You can update your preferences at any time by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this page.